Saturday, May 16, 2009

Star Trek

I can't stress this enough. See this goddamn movie.
Two hours of explosions and theoretical physics. They turn a planet into a freakin' black hole , outrun a supernova, talk about event horizons, skydive from space, take part in an enormous time paradox...
Maybe it was the fact that I was punch drunk and loopy when I saw the movie but I promise everyone that I've never had such an awesome experience in a movie theater in my entire life. Seriously, that space jump thing was sick. Giant monster thing? Awesome. Spock? Never looked better.
Everyone who doesn't want to see this movie solely because it's Star Trek should reconsider why they go to see a movie in the first place. I don't know why anyone else sees movies, but I see them so I can see black holes eat planets, see the Enterprise defy the laws of General Relativity, and so I can see the principle of spaghettification at work, alongside copious explosions.
If you don't like that, what COULD you like? The Notebook?

No comments: