Thursday, June 4, 2009

Be Grateful, Prick.

TYPES OF ARROGANT PEOPLE, AS OBSERVED BY ME, RYAN AWESOMEBAUM

The Innately Arrogant.
This is the person who does stuff other people consider good, then either brags about it, mentions it subliminally, or acts as if it was no big deal. This person has his or her arrogance built in and the most they can do to suppress it is to check their words before they say them. No amount of warning can un-arrogant this person and others just have to deal with it.
(I think I fall under this category, because at this point every time I open my mouth someone calls me arrogant, whether what I said was actually arrogant or not)

The Aggrandized Self Image
This is the person who thinks they are better than they actually are. This is the person who gets a 1000 on their SATs and then tries to convince people they're going to Yale, the pitcher with a 8-10 record in high school who tries to walk on a Division 1 baseball team, or the person who thinks they could be on America's next top model just because they fit into a size 00. People like this will answer "why?" with "Because I'm me" or do irrational or presumptuous things and justify it with their inflated confidence. These people are those in need of a "reality check."

The Disappointed
The Disappointed are very similar to the Aggrandized Self Image- the only difference is how vocal about their own accomplishments they are. These are the people who place second, become a co- or vice- position, people who accomplish great things but cannot help but think they could have done better. While the Aggrandized Self Image who think they are the best from the beginning, the Disappointed are just what they sound like- disappointed that they had to settle for the best, and not the VERY best. These people simply need convincing that they are the best that they can be; their arrogance is the least severe.

The Underconfident
These people are the ones that piss me off the most because I think they are the most annoying. The underconfident are the people who begin every detail about themsleves with "it's not that good" or "I could have done better" or "it's not the best." This is as if Picasso finished the Guernica and said "eh, this isn't THAT good." These people are innately arrogant people, but instead of trying to censor themselved, they try to mask their arrogance with negative comments. These people can either be told that they are as good people others say they are, or completely ignored as they often solely want attention.

I think I've covered the main ones.

No comments: