Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I get wicked existential then don't know what to do with myself!

For the past two nights, I've been wracked with awful existential thoughts. You know, the whole "ah, life... so short, so meaningless" thing. I wonder what happens when I die, I wonder why I'm here, answer both questions with the default "nothing and no reason!" and go to bed miserable. (My brother says it's because I got a haircut.) Well, I wish it would stop. I need to try extra hard to make everything special, do everything I want and everything for the fun of it, accomplish all my goals, etc. I think James Joyce is doing this to me.
But anyway, for some reason, this feeling has compelled me to do something I was obviously going to do anyway- I have since contacted people I thought I would never talk to again and asked them, "what's up, how are you doing, wanna hang out?"
I think it's pretty impressive. I'm glad I did. I don't want to give up on friends.

No comments: