Thursday, May 15, 2008

Control Yourself!

I am sick of old music. Ever since my computer decided to die, I've been unable to update my iPod, and I've since descended from my near-hipster sense of taste to a bland almost Z-100 rock bottom, only listening to music on my iPod and every once and a while using Pandora to find some new bands and maybe stay a little hip.

As of now I am far from hip but on the rebound, though the music that I really have had access to has been that on fuse, pandora, and random local discoveries.

Anyway, my current favorite band is MGMT, a Brooklyn based electroclash duo who refesr to its music as "psychedelic-surf-jungle pop." This band is on a major record label (Interscope) and their song "Time to Pretend" is currently in the fuseTV top 10. However, my very favorite song of theirs is "Kids," a whiny but boppy piece of synthpop gold.
The video here is an unofficial one directed by some unknown music video director who makes videos for unsigned LA bands and who made this video to promote his business... I hope he makes it big, this video is awesome.

Also-
I want to meet the girl with the painted widows peak.

No comments: