Friday, April 17, 2009

The -itis

So I just got back from UChicago. It was amazing, great time, food poisoning, etc, but that wasn't the highlight of my trip.
After my dad picked me up from the school he took me to Jesse Jackson's office in Chicago. Waiting for us was Rev.'s second hand man (Rev. Greg) and his assistant (Dexter). They took us to a soul food restaurant in Austin and we all ate fried chicken and collard greens. All good.
Then, I finished eating and laid back in my chair. Greg, a 60 year old civil rights activist, Harvard educated lawyer and very close friend of Jesse Jackson turns to me and says,
"What's the matter, doc? You got niggeritis?"

Mull that over in your head.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Ah! When I was coming to UChicago, I ran into Jesse Jackson at the O'Hare airport. Crazy way to start my UChicago experience. (: