Thursday, May 17, 2007

Budget!

Oh, now I remember, I was disgruntled over the issues regarding my school budget.

I live in a neighborhood torn by discrimination, racism, and broken into two sects: The Public School parents and children, who I will refer to as NATO: united, but loosely, and extremely agressive, and the Private School parents and children, who I will refer to as the Warsaw Pact: tightly knit, but controlled by a sort of leader who dictates orders...sorry, I'm a sucker for analogies...

Anyway, NATO had a majority on our school board for a while and was passing budgets. Suddenly, those damn commies (heehee) took over and failed it. For five years, we were on an Austerity budget, which was, at best, pretty terrible. Then, out of no where, the Warsaw Pact begins supporting a new budget with a .9 percent increase- less than austerity.

What does this mean? Well, as we were using a contingency budget, the state was sending us aid. Thumbs up! But now, not only do we have a budget lower than austerity, but we won't have state aid! Bollocks! Plus those preschoolers have bussing- I dunno... bad or good?

My problem with this is not that we are on a lower budget. It doesn't matter, I sense no difference. In fact, my only worry is that the representatives of the Warsaw Pact, General Secretaries Sussman, Marcus, and Blisko (know where I live yet? Hint- not the ex-Soviet Union) are not for the bettering of education for NATO, but for the bettering of education for the Warsaw Pact, even though everyone in both are Europeans. General Secretary Hattan, like Gorbachev, has proven to be a man of his word. He has been spotted at Varsity Baseball Games, School Productions, and in the Music Wing, talking about his plans for our district- a truly honorable man.

Whether the other three have these intentions remains enshrouded. However, I only hope for the best (and that extracurricular activities aren't cut, because I frequent almost every extracurricular activity our school offers...) and that those G-ddamn first floor bathrooms get fixed soon, because I have to pee after sixth period almost every day, but I have to hold it in until ninth because I have no idea where the fabled second floor bathrooms are.

Hoping for the best,
R

4 comments:

de said...

oh R. how was gorbachev a man of his word? it was never his intention to end communism in the soviet union, he just wanted to improve it. and what a disaster his policies of glasnost and perestroika were. the only people who liked him were the americans, and all the satellite nations who wanted independence.

i also think your analogy of nato and the warsaw pact is a bit off. a better fit might actually be dumb and dumber, although i don't know which group would be which.

how about we hold off in judgment - and give peace a chance (that's all im saying)

ps. i don't know who your social studies teacher was but he/she did a good job. i'm proud that you even remember the two cold war alliances.

Ryan F said...

thanks?
i'm not judging, i love communists. i also knew that gorbachev did not intend on the collapse of the soviet union, but he was still loved by every capitalist nation for doing so.

and thanks for the compliment, but i do a whole lot of reading, and though my social stidies teacher taught me a lot, i take great pride in watching the news and reading britannica. the cold war was intriguing to me.

Anonymous said...

I personally dislike this blog, because you hate Jews. It tears me up on the inside so much. Fuckin 'A.

Ryan F said...

i'donthate jews, i'm jewish. you however, are racist and only HALF jewish.