Monday, March 22, 2010

About me- a revolution

I read facebook "about me's" and they usually aren't anything about the person. Sometimes they're inside jokes, sometimes they're quotes, sometimes they're ASCII pictures of cats, but rarely do I get to know anything about people. If they are about the person, they often seem to be more like what the person wants to be than what they actually are.
So, I'm going to start what should become a trend. I'm going to write an actual about me, and when I'm done, I'm going to hope that this blog post (and, because I don't know how to undo it, facebook note) become the norm in about me writing.

My name is Ryan Mandelbaum. I am 18 years old and I am a first year at Columbia College.
My favorite things to do are eat, shower, and listen to music. I also like to travel and I really like to swim.
In general, I'm loud, immature, and energetic. When you first meet me, you'll probably think I'm weird or a creep because I am extremely talkative and really extroverted. Try to be friendly back. I play really well off other people's moods. If you're happy, I'll be happy back.
I spend a lot of time in my head, and when I think, I think hard. Usually, it's too hard. I think pretty hard about everything.
I'm really, really hard to upset and I forgive people really easily. That being said, I am often paranoid that people are taking advantage of me.
Usually, I don't think before I speak. When I do think before I speak, I either don't speak or act really awkward.
I'm at one of those "find yourself" points of my life. It's basically me searching my mind and trying to find out what's "me" and what's "not me." I don't talk about it, but I write about it.
This post sounds like it's being written by a 15 year old girl.
Finally, my goals. I don't know what I want to major in. All I know is that I want to travel a lot.
Secondly, my only personal goal is to be really earnest (second Dictionary.com meaning). Maybe not honest, but definitely earnest.

So that's me, Ryan the 15-year-old-girl-with-mutton-chops. Now, tell me about you.

No comments: