Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Rebuttal to Twitter Post: On the Incompleteness of Thoughts

Sure, it cannot be denied that by limiting our expressions to 140 characters, we are limiting the attention and effort that we put into our musings, but at the same time, it allows us to approach them with a much greater clarity. I am an insecure and indecisive writer, and when I am left pondering over a topic or post too long, my mind naturally turns over itself as I attempt to find the correct diction and syntax to express my ideas. This leads to an often terrible difficulty to come up with the right words, and after a while my befuddled mind drifts and I lose interest in (or the memory of) the idea altogether.

Twitter would work for a person like myself, since it allows me to compactly state these thoughts without too much worry or effort. Sure, details are great, but ideas are most clearly conveyed in... uh, what's the word? Blurbs? Nah, like that, but a little different... can't put my finger on it. Bleh, this is exactly what I'm talking about. You know what? Fuck it.

Long story short, it's sometimes best to make a long story short. Prevents overthinking and all that.

PS: everyone listen to Muscles, he is andrew w.k. on ecstasy and will make you happier than a bag of clams.

No comments: