Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Discover me!

I wish I was a poet... I know I can't rhyme.
I have no meter, no rhythm, no time.
If only by the grace of some god I could get
Enough talent to make the words flow from my head,
I'd write every day,
I'd get a good pay,
And writers from afar would quote what I say.

I wish that I could be real pretentious and cool,
I'd be loved by teachers from every school.
At some young age I'd be sure to retire
I'd live far away and be even more admired.
While living abroad I'd write even more
About my childhood, my life, and other personal lore,
And for every stanza that I'd create
Another hundred dollars in royalties I'd make.

Of course, a day like this will never be-
This poem alone took an hour, at least.
The rhymes were cliché,
What rhymes with cliché?
I KNOW! Cliché doesn't rhyme with cliché, okay!
But anyway from the main point I digress,
That to be a poet I must hope for the best.
And since poets today make nothing anyway,
I'll just use my poems like this- to complain.

No comments: